WHY ACOUSTICS IN HEALTHCARE MATTER
AND HOW TO DESIGN FOR THEM
Do you know just how noisy a modern hospital is?
Not only is night time noise about four times louder today than it was 1960, but many studies indicate that peak hospital noise levels are often louder than walking next to a busy highway when a large truck passes.
It’s not surprising then that high noise levels in hospitals have serious implications for staff productivity, accuracy and well-being and patient health.
However, research shows that designing with acoustics in mind can help reduce noise in hospitals for patients and staff and deliver great design outcomes.
IN THIS FREE HOSPITAL DESIGN GUIDE WE COVER:
- The key stats about noise in hospitals and why acoustics matter
- Future trends in hospital design
- The key acoustic principles for hospital design
- Acoustic requirements for Australian hospitals
- How to easily select the right acoustic materials
- Acoustic design in action: Scandinavian design case study